Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes; a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for a Web Analyst at our new Downtown Chicago office that will report to our Sr. Manager of Analytics.
See our new Chicago HQ: https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/06/06/legacycom-new-chicago-office
We are looking for a Web Analyst with deep both technical and business knowledge to help us solve some of the most analytically complex questions that a fast-growing company faces by leveraging the trove of data.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong knowledge of Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio. A proven track record of using the web browsers console as a method for debugging events on a website and identifying key-value pairs to be pushed out of the data-layer. Most importantly this individual has a strong passion for analytics and is always looking for ways to improve overall tracking and reporting efficiency.
- Manage implementation, maintenance, and improvement of web analytics and tagging methodologies, primarily within Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager platforms.
- Maintain detailed documentation of data collection methods and dependencies.
- Participate in the development of requirements for and implementation of necessary analytics tagging in order to properly and accurately report on relevant key performance indicators.
- Provide analytical support to various teams in the organization; work closely with members of the marketing team to identify analytics tracking and reporting requirements, manage best practices, and pro-actively identify data quality issues and improve the customer experience and analysis capability.
- Work closely with the Development team to identify gaps in the data capture strategy and to implement enhancements as needed.
- Analyze and present quantifiable data metrics to back up assumptions and to set targets and measure key performance indicators.
- Develop automated and ad hoc reports to answer complex business questions and analysis and quickly address the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on how to best leverage analytics to construct dashboards and reporting mechanisms in order to inform better business decisions and optimization recommendations.
- Provide general troubleshooting assistance for analytics reporting and analysis.
- Leverage analytics tools and data to evaluate website performance and troubleshoot/investigate performance issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or quantitative field preferred
- Experience in data/business analytics in consumer web/mobile, internet advertising, internet search, e-commerce or related field
- 2+ years’ experience using leading industry analytics tools; Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics(preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience working with tag management systems, such as Adobe Data Tag Management, Google Tag Manager (preferred), Tealium, or Ensighten
- Deep understanding of data dimensioning/metrics and the proper use of tracking variables
- Passion for analytics, data, and delivering results
- Experience creating visualizations and dashboards using BI tools
- Communication skills of the highest level, with an ability to converse effectively with different groups of people…from executives to customers to developers
- Working knowledge of databases and database querying using SQL (or similar query language)
- Experience building UTMs and Custom URL Parameters
- Strong knowledge in writing Regular Expressions
- Able to learn quickly, and adapt to changing priorities
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k plan with discretionary employer match
- Parking/Transit Flex Spending
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Catered lunch provided 2x per week, breakfast 1x a week
- 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress every day
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
- Located within a few blocks of CTA, Ogilvie, and Union Station