Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes; a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have a need for a Director of Ecommerce at our new Downtown Chicago office that will report to our VP of Ads & Commerce.
See our new Chicago HQ: https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/06/06/legacycom-new-chicago-office
Legacy.com is seeking an experienced Ecommerce Director to join our Marketing Team. The Director of eCommerce will be working on our online sympathy merchandising and sales solutions to deliver a best-in-class product and shopping experience for our site visitors. They will be responsible for both supporting the strategy and owning the execution that drives maximum revenue and conversion.
This position reports to our VP of Ads & Ecommerce. If you’re a self-starter that is highly motivated, analytical and has a passion for eCommerce we want you on our team!
Responsibilities include maintaining the rapid growth of our existing floral segment and helping launch new products and services into the market. The individual should also work closely with our Demand Generation and Product teams in the development and execution of CRO campaigns, launching and optimizing digital marketing, and planning and delivering on financial targets.
- Oversee the day-to-day floral operations and implement prioritized tactics to maximize sales and profitability.
- Manage and optimize site experiences, landing pages, call-to-action (CTAs), and other key conversion flows to efficiently drive conversion growth.
- Contribute to the development and launch of both new product/service offerings as well as site features and capabilities.
- Leverage web analytics to understand customer interaction with site content and online shopping experiences to identify opportunities and risks.
- Develop and launch conversion rate optimization tests using Optimizely (A/B, MVT, etc).
- Work closely with demand generation (e.g. SEO) lead on optimizations and online marketing campaigns.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on the website experience, balancing eCommerce initiatives and goals with those of other functions (such as traffic, advertising, customer support, etc).
- Coordinate with the Analytics Team to ensure proper tracking is in place for all projects; analyze data, identify opportunities, and make recommendations to assist in business decision making or on-going monitoring of business issues.
- Author clear user stories and requirements, participate in backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, and validate acceptance criteria and success metrics.
- Drive a deep understanding and empathy for the consumer.
- Represent values of Legacy's culture of respect, integrity, diversity, and teamwork.
- 4-year bachelor's degree (business admin or marketing is high desired)
- 8-10 years ecommerce experience
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the MS Office suite
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised.
- Ability to analyze and assess organizational needs and provide solutions accordingly.
- Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k plan with discretionary employer match
- Parking/Transit Flex Spending
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Catered lunch provided 2x per week, breakfast 1x a week
- 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress every day
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
- Located within a few blocks of CTA, Ogilvie, and Union Station