Are you a take charge Software Quality Engineer?
Are you passionate, energetic and an inquisitive thinker? If you answered yes to any of those questions, we’d like you to become an integral part of our team! As the leader in online memorialization, Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral homes in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences to their loved ones.
With more than 27 million unique visitors per month and 275 million monthly page views, Legacy.com is a top 50 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast.
Over the years we have created a successful, growing business all while nurturing an organization that makes social contributions. If you have a big brain, big ambitions and a big heart, we want you! We value individuals who take their work seriously, but value time away to spend with family, friends and communities.
We have an immediate need for a talented, motivated Software Quality Engineer who will report to our Software Quality Assurance Team Lead, based in Chicago, IL.
The Software Quality Engineer works closely with the Product Development and Technology teams to ensure quality is embedded in all Legacy.com products throughout the product development lifecycle, including automation testing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA team. The Software Quality Engineer works as a liaison between these groups and is responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of test strategy (both functional and automated) and documentation of a variety of platforms.
- Work with QA team to define, develop, implement and maintain quality assurance methodology and procedures including test cases, specifications, tool and other technical documentation based on defined workflows, use cases and business requirements
- Develop reusable, flexible, accurate, well-documented test plans for a broad user base with extreme attention to detail
- Collaborate with the QA team, Product Development team and Technology team in manual and automated application testing; including system, functional, regression, usability and acceptance testing
- Apply and develop automated test frameworks and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals
- Build and execute automated testing tools and scripts for driving application tests
- Plan work into agile-like sprints taking user stories and break them down into discrete tests, estimating effort and updating status
- Participate in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements
- Work with Product Development team and Technology team to gather and document release requirements and approvals
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Selenium WebDriver using Node.js and Nightwatch.js frameworks
- Strong knowledge of automated test methodologies is essential, including automated test script development, automated test tool/utility development and participation in establishment of an automated testing framework
- Proficiency with databases and writing moderately complex SQL queries for data verification purposes
- Outstanding organizational and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Parking/Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment