Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is an innovative technology company that is the digital leader in the memorial and obituary market. Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral home clients in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
With more than 40 million unique visitors per month, Legacy.com is a top 50 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast.
Over the years we have created a successful, growing business all while nurturing an organization that makes social contributions. If you have a big brain, big ambitions and a big heart, we want you! We value individuals who take their work seriously, but value time away to spend with family, friends, and communities. We have an immediate need for a talented, motivated Strategic Account Specialist who will be a key member of the Advertising team based in our Chicago, IL office.
The Strategic Account Specialist will have an opportunity to be an active member of a team that shapes the monetization strategy for the organization. Legacy.com partners with many of the largest charities and genealogy providers to integrate their services into the user experience but we are currently venturing into new business opportunities with new partners. We are seeking an analyst who is comfortable with interacting with both external and internal partners to assist in the management of both new and existing relationships. The Analyst will assist in providing and explaining insights derived from ad server and proprietary data sources to our external clients. The analyst will also work closely with internal and external partners to monitor and report on program performance and will help drive growth by communicating insights and recommendations. This role will be responsible for the setup and management of new campaigns, reporting, and ongoing optimization.
- Become a subject matter expert in Legacy.com’s audience, advertising products, inventory, and pricing to support internal teams and external partners.
- Use a variety of reporting tools and sources to analyze and evaluate daily performance across our sites, demand sources, and individual campaigns, and address any issues that arise.
- Prepare reports/dashboards that benchmark performance and detect areas of concern.
- Conduct both ad hoc and ongoing historical analyses on various aspects of campaign performance. Clearly and visually communicate relevant findings and offer recommendations to grow revenue.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine the business value of various product initiatives.
- Campaign trafficking and delivery management, including detecting and troubleshooting campaign issues and directly communicating with clients as needed.
- Assist in regularly providing performance data and suggestions for campaign optimization/improvement in client-facing meetings.
- Assist in the scouting and proposal phase of developing new business partnerships.
- Participate in “growth hacking” and campaign optimization exercises to scale new and existing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, or advertising.
- Minimum 1-2 years in business analysis, preferably in tech, marketing, business development, or advertising.
- Experience with Excel – specifically, an intermediate level of proficiency in using vlookups, pivot tables, charts, and various other Excel functions is preferred.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and comfortable working with very large sets of data
- Experience using various reporting services, pulling data from multiple sources, and using databases to query and extract relevant data.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of A/B testing-based strategies is preferred but not necessary.
- Highly proactive, results-oriented with strong customer service orientation and excellent attention to detail
- Proven team player with the ability to work independently
- Professional verbal/written communication skills
- Previous experience in a client-facing role is preferred.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Parking/Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment