As the leader in online memorialization, Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral homes in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences to their loved ones.
With more than 45 million unique visitors per month and 394 million monthly page views, Legacy.com is a top 30 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast.
Over the years we have created a successful, growing business all while nurturing an organization that makes social contributions. If you have a big brain, big ambitions, and a big heart, we want you! We value individuals who take their work seriously, but also enjoy time away to spend with family, friends, and communities.
Legacy is seeking a Business Development Manager to report to our VP of Channel Development.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for selling products and services to the funeral home profession in conjunction with partnerships that Legacy.com has with Newspapers and Funeral Homes. The Business Development Manager will be well versed in the current state of the funeral profession, the newspaper industry is a plus, the Web and the underlying technology and trends that are driving innovation.
- Identify, prospect and solicit new business in the funeral channel.
- Engage decision makers on solutions and opportunities.
- Produce and manage sales pipeline via Salesforce.com and customer performance reports
- Continually identify opportunities
- Analyze industry competition, and help team build and sustain competitive advantage.
- Communicate with other internal groups for data needs and collection specification
- Maintain support for client services by responding to requests, helping resolve issues, and providing information on and explanation of features
- Conduct online demos to discuss current products and services, identify best practices the affiliates should use to be most successful with a product, and train new contacts
- 5+ years of experience in B2B sales environment, including funeral service sales experience
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Proven team player with ability to work independently, and manage and prioritize multiple projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, results-oriented with strong customer service orientation and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Parking/Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment